Live support, key of an endless satisfaction
You don’t have to be a marketing expert to know that quality customer service plays a crucial role in business. Your customers are the ones who spread the word about you and help grow your customer base.
Many ecommerce websites have been adding live chat support to their help desk software in order to provide real time answers rather than having customers leave their websites. Real time chatting with a customer support expert not only builds customers‘ confidence during their shopping experience, but also helps to improve your conversion rates. According to a survey of American online consumers, 68% engage in live chat and 63% prefer getting back to a website with live chat for repeat purchase.
Web-based Live Chat software – LiveAgent helps add a human factor to your website and effectively assigns your customer service agents to provide real time answers.
First of all advantages, that live chat has to offer is its convenience for customers. A Forrester research found the following:
44 % of online consumers say that having questions answered by a live agent while in the middle of an online purchase is one of the most important features a website can offer.
There are two types of customers who need help and use live chat to get it. The first are potential buyers, and these are the most common situations in which potential online customers use live chat:
- Want to know more about product specifications
- Having trouble finding specific item on a given website
- Want to compare products
These scenarios enormously influence purchase decisions. In fact, more than 38% of online customers took their purchase decision due to live chat session. Remember, that chat agents play a huge role and if they are properly trained, they can easily generate more sales.
The second group of live chat users are your current customers. The most common reasons why they use live chat are:
- Want to know the status of their order
- Want to ask about „Return policies“
- Want to report bugs or suggest improvements in your service
Another nice perk of livechat is that you can get nearly instant feedback or notifications when there’s a wide-scale customer-facing problem. For instance, if you run a SaaS business, and anything goes wrong, live chat gives you an immediate view of the issue from your customers‘ perspective.
Live Chat is cost efficient because of these 3 main reasons:
- It increases efficiency by allowing live chat agents handle multiple chats simultaneously, thus you don’t need to hire more agents. Intelligent live chat software such as LiveAgent allows multiple options for chat distribution and utilization.
- It increases the average order value, since customers get realtime advice and answers to any questions they might have. It saves „product return“ expenses as a live chat representative can help you pick the right product or service, which suits the customer best, thus he or she will be satisfied with it and won’t need to return it back.
- It reduces overall help-desk center costs by lowering the waiting queue time when compared to a call center.
The implementation of live-chat service is a few minutes of work. Live-Agent Live Chat has a bunch of integrations ready for the most widely used ecommerce and content management systems, thus you don’t even need any HTML skills to implement live chat on your website. Additionally, LiveAgent provides full integration service to its customers, free of cost.
February 11, 2019
February 9, 2019
January 19, 2019